TCP connection with WMI port 135 not closed and count is increasing

Hi,

When i run my vbscript with target server (Assume X) and it does not return anything and also the script is not completed the execution.

when checking the TCP connection status using netstat command it looks like below,

TCP    LOCAL_IP_ADDRESS:63437    TARGET_SERVER_IP:135      ESTABLISHED

The above TCP connection count is increasing whenever am running the vbscript and not closing.

If i connect the same problematic server with wbemtest the result is "Not responding".

What could be the problem with target server? Guide me.

Thanks.

April 23rd, 2015 3:48am

As far as I understand, you are not really closing the connection.

if you are using a memory or any resources within your script, you might have to really free'em before your exit.

In case of local machine, after wscript.exe exits OS might clear all the associated resources it might have requested.

Since you are running, script against a remote target you might have to close the connection by yourself. 

• Proposed as answer by Vasu Deva 19 hours 48 minutes ago
  • Unproposed as answer by Vasu Deva 17 hours 52 minutes ago
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 23rd, 2015 7:26am

As far as I understand, you are not really closing the connection.

if you are using a memory or any resources within your script, you might have to really free'em before your exit.

In case of local machine, after wscript.exe exits OS might clear all the associated resources it might have requested.

Since you are running, script against a remote target you might have to close the connection by yourself. 

Connections owned by a process are always closed by the system when the process exits.  No need to do that.

April 23rd, 2015 8:46am

Hi,

When i run my vbscript with target server (Assume X) and it does not return anything and also the script is not completed the execution.

when checking the TCP connection status using netstat command it looks like below,

TCP    LOCAL_IP_ADDRESS:63437    TARGET_SERVER_IP:135      ESTABLISHED

The above TCP connection count is increasing whenever am running the vbscript and not closing.

If i connect the same problematic server with wbemtest the result is "Not responding".

What could be the problem with target server? Guide me.

Thanks.

There is no way to know what you are asking without a copy of the pat of your script that causes this. You also fail to say what utility you are using to list the connections.

A connection may appear to remain for some time after it is released.  The system caches connections incase they need to be used again.

Again - without your script there is no way to answer the question.  If your script is spawning a program that is hanging then the issue is with the script's use of the program.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 23rd, 2015 8:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics