TCP/IP properties will not save in GUI for 'properties'
I have never seen this before. I have a server using Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II ina "load balancing team" using the BroadCom advanced control suite 3 software. When I put my IP address, mask, gateway, and dns settings in and close, if I reopen the "properties on my TCP/IP settings, the GUI says it is back to DHCP. But If I run "ipconfig /all" from a command prompt all my settings are there. What in the world could this be Scott Cummins
December 2nd, 2008 9:42pm

Try updating your NICs driver and, if you can, your BIOS firmware as well. That, or you could have just stumbled upon a bug on the BC software. =)Regards,Salvador Manaois IIIMCITP | Server/Enterprise AdministratorMCSE MCSA MCTS C|EH CIWABytes & Badz: http://badzmanaois.blogspot.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 9th, 2008 6:11am

Hi Guys,I have experienced the above said problem . The solution was to update the tcpip.sys file. This behavior is specific to the tcpip stack . please use the below registry and check the behavior on the affected PC, please delete the config key and restart the client the config key will repopulate the next time. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network \ config
December 14th, 2008 3:46pm

I believe I had a bad NIC, I had them teamed and occassionally I would lose connectivity, I disabled one and my IP properties have stayed as input in the properties panel of my TCP/IP properties. Also i did load new Broadcom teaming software,so I am not sure which.But Until I get the NIC remedies, i will not know for sure.I am going to keep the reg entry very close at hand just in caseAnd thanks so much guysScott Cummins
April 24th, 2009 1:51am

good to hear that you resolved the issuesainath Windows Driver Development
April 25th, 2009 7:37am

Awsome! thank you! that fixed my problem. That was driving me crazy for 3 days trying to fix it. Thank You!
June 15th, 2011 3:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics