TAPI Provider User limitation
Software: NEC UCE 2012 R2 OW5000 & TAPI Link OS: Windows 2008 R2 Server: Virtual I have installed NEC OW5000 & TAPI Link software per install guide. I start TAPIMGMT.msc to configure my lines and assign users to those lines. The application is being used for a PBX Operator center so any user can sit at any station. Because of this all users have to be setup on all phone lines. There are 38 stations. All 38 stations can be setup in the Telephony server. My problem comes in when I start adding all the users to each phone line. I can add each user to 14 lines. On the lines 15-38, Telephony server accepts the users but when I refresh or close out and reopen the users are gone from all lines but the first 14. Is there a limit to the number of users telephony server can accept? Is there a fix to allow users on all 38 lines? On a side note, this all works in Windows 2003 and NEC OpenWorX (very old version) TAPI Link software. I have talked with NEC support, they claim it is a Microsoft issue. They claim they have setup a server in thier labs and do not have any issues with adding the same user to more than 14 lines. I have reinstall Windows 2008 R2 multiple times. Each install has the same results. Any and all advice is appreciated. Scott
June 12th, 2012 2:56pm

Hi, If this is a Windows Server issue, it should be fixed after a reinstall. Please understand that NEC UCE 2012 R2 OW5000 & TAPI Link is not developed by Microsoft. Microsoft has less information regarding third party product. Based on the current situation, please continue asking NEC for further assistance. For more information regarding NEC UCE 2012 R2 OW5000 & TAPI Link, please refer to their PDF file below: http://support.necunified.com/support/docs.nsf/UNID/53FFEC99DBE0EF70862578490077CFE0/$File/OW5000-TAPILinkOpsG--30110-11.pdf Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.Arthur Li TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 14th, 2012 2:34am

Hi, If this is a Windows Server issue, it should be fixed after a reinstall. Please understand that NEC UCE 2012 R2 OW5000 & TAPI Link is not developed by Microsoft. Microsoft has less information regarding third party product. Based on the current situation, please continue asking NEC for further assistance. For more information regarding NEC UCE 2012 R2 OW5000 & TAPI Link, please refer to their PDF file below: http://support.necunified.com/support/docs.nsf/UNID/53FFEC99DBE0EF70862578490077CFE0/$File/OW5000-TAPILinkOpsG--30110-11.pdf Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.Arthur Li TechNet Community Support
June 14th, 2012 2:44am

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.Arthur Li TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2012 11:03pm

Thank you for your reply. I have that document and used it to install the software. I am continuing to push NEC but they say they have installed in their lab without issue. I have reinstalled Windows 2008 R2, OW5000, & TAPI link multiple times and have had the same results each time.Scott
June 25th, 2012 8:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics