System reset after delete domain
I am a bit new to this all, i have win server ent 2008 beta, so i had AD domain controller, DNS and DHCp installed and had setup a domain all was working fine, now i went to dcpromo and chose to delete the domain and its files and after rebooting i see i have my original settings before i installed AD or anything else, a bit like doing a system restore.Does this mean that your domain setup is on a different account?
March 20th, 2009 3:40pm

hi there,there are 2 different steps a) promoting to a dc requires you to run dcpromo which you have performed successfully.b) in orer to demote the DC , you should again run dcpromo , awhich will remove the AD rolees and demote the dc.where in you can cross confirm by going into start-->programs--> administrative tools an dcheck if you are still able to see ADUC , AD sites etc..if so you havent performed the demote operation properly , please try to re-run and check if you still face the problemsainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 20th, 2009 4:21pm

No, i demoted the DC fine that isn't what i am asking, rather after you demote a DC and reboot, then you are back to an initial operating state, for example all the files i have downloaded are not there anymore, all my display settings are default i have had to reconfigure them again, what i mean is that it is like i am logged on as a different user, a bit like on win xp where you can switch users. hard to explain.
March 20th, 2009 4:52pm

That is correct. You are now logged on as a different user. Even if the account has the same name, a local account is quite different from a domain account.Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 21st, 2009 4:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics