System hangs on shutdown after automatic updates
I am the Technology Coordinator for a smaller school district. Our web server is running Server 2003 Standard edition. I have it set to automatically download and install Windows Updates and reboot after doing so. Virtually every time it installs updates and goes to shutdown and restart, it hangs up somewhere during the shutdown process. If I move the mouse to 'wake' it (it is set to shut off the monitor after a period of time), it will go ahead and shut down and restart without issue. This is a problem, because apparently after it installs update, it initiates the shutdown process, and it becomes unavailable on the network, but then gets hung up somewhere in the shutdown process. Therefore, the web site is inaccessible until I realize what's happened and go move the mouse. Any ideas?
January 28th, 2011 12:18pm

Not sure what mouse move would have to do with it. You might try a different power profile for trouble shooting. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 29th, 2011 12:13pm

Please check in Event Viewer, click System to see if any error event is logged. Best Regards DalePlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 31st, 2011 4:18am

Any update? Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2011 3:15am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics