System center operation manager Linux Monitoring

Hi Experts,

we are facing problem in SCOM to monitor Linux cent OS monitoring ,when  i am discover the Linux system , it showing unreachable. I have done the FQDN entry .please help to resolved this problem.

Regards,

Hemendra

June 23rd, 2015 5:16am

yes i am able to ping ,and i have import the required management packs. 
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2015 5:36am

A ping response doesn't mean much in terms of troubleshooting.

As Jasper states, you need to open the correct firewall ports. You check if these are open by installing a telnet client on the management servers in the Linux resource pool and testing the port availability.

Also, run an nslookup on the management servers in the Linux resource pool with the FQDN of the Linux servers to make sure name resolution is working.

Regards

Graham

June 26th, 2015 8:52am

A ping response doesn't mean much in terms of troubleshooting.

As Jasper states, you need to open the correct firewall ports. You check if these are open by installing a telnet client on the management servers in the Linux resource pool and testing the port availability.

Also, run an nslookup on the management servers in the Linux resource pool with the FQDN of the Linux servers to make sure name resolution is working.

Regards

Graham

June 26th, 2015 8:52am

Hi,

problem has been resolved,

need to create the iptable on Linux server.

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 1270 -j A

July 3rd, 2015 6:42am

Very good. Access on the right ports is required for this to work. Can you mark this post as answered Hermendra with those replies which helped you get to the answer. thank you.
July 3rd, 2015 4:40pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics