System center Stack / private cloud setup with network planning

friends to start with i am going to put the same query on private cloud thread also as i am not sure where it best suits and where will i get the most relevant answers.

ok i have to do a private cloud implementation using System center and later on will have azure pack on top of System center but i am not to put all the pieces together as setup wise i have

a. two routers / switches/ two different kinds of firewalls each two quantity

b. Multi please servers

I am having doubts on the network side of it as how the network segments will be as my understanding it servers will connect to switch .. switches to firewall 1 which is basically for filtering all apart IP based attacks and then this firewall to ASA and then ASA to router.. but i am not sure how to put the network segments.

second is ... i understand network in system center is now that IP can be managed automatically but how it will work with outer segments .. means if VMM can manage the network leg for the internal IPs what about NAT to putlic IP via firewall 1 or 2.. is this going to be a manual procedure... i want to keep the max things automated i can.

guys can you please provide me the best approach for this deployment. if i have to configure these devices stand alone i can do it. but putting all the pieces together.. i am s
February 17th, 2015 8:55am

Hi Sir,

>>means if VMM can manage the network leg for the internal IPs what about NAT to putlic IP via firewall 1 or 2.. is this going to be a manual procedure... i want to keep the max things automated i can.

The following article explained the net work virtualization in SCVMM

http://blogs.technet.com/b/scvmm/archive/2013/12/05/adopting-network-virtualization-part-iii.aspx

Also this article :

https://mountainss.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/from-microsoft-private-cloud-to-hybrid-cloud-services-part-2-of-5-scvmm-2012-r2/

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 24th, 2015 10:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics