System State Differences between 2003 and 2008 when SQL 2008 is installed
Does anyone know why SQLAgent.EXE and SQLServr.exe (from SQL Server 2008) are part of the System State on a Windows 2008 server, but don't appear to be part of the System State on a Windows 2003 server.I run a backupproduct that automatically excludes components that are part of the system state from file system backups. From the file system backup I can restore the SQL .EXE files from a 2003 system, but not from the 2008 system, - unless I do a complete System State restore (from a System State backup)which does restore the files. Note I am not looking to change the behaviour - just want to understand the difference which causes the backup product to change it's bahaviour.
December 14th, 2009 1:32pm

Hello, According to the description, the issue seems to be related to SQL Server. For quick and accurate response to the question, it is recommended you initial a new thread in the clustering forum to get further support. For your convenience, I have list the related link as followed. SQL Server http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/category/sqlserver/ Hope it helps.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 18th, 2009 1:21pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics