System Commands from a Single Key Input

I'm attempting to create a function which will run in the background of a Windows OS and will print the current window from a single keystroke. I want to use HookDll to do so, but have been unsuccessful in opening this file and viewing meaningful results.

Any direction for the best approach to this problem is appreciated. However, my curiosity (and frustration) has been aroused over HookDll, so I would like to know how to decompile/recompile this file as well.

I have tried using .Net Reflector, but it returns that HookDll.dll is not a .NET module. I have also used Hex Editor Neo to view the binary file and attempt to make sense of it.

February 24th, 2014 6:24pm

I'm attempting to create a function which will run in the background of a Windows OS and will print the current window from a single keystroke. I want to use HookDll to do so, but have been unsuccessful in opening this file and viewing meaningful results.

Any direction for the best approach to this problem is appreciated. However, my curiosity (and frustration) has been aroused over HookDll, so I would like to know how to decompile/recompile this file as well.

I have tried using .Net Reflector, but it returns that HookDll.dll is not a .NET module. I have also used Hex Editor Neo to view the binary file and attempt to make sense of it.

Not a scripting issue.

There are dozens of utilities that can be downloaded that do this.

Consider using Alt-PrtScr which prints the current Window with a single keystroke: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/take-screen-capture-print-screen#take-screen-capture-print-screen=windows-8

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 24th, 2014 6:48pm

Here is the latest using the builtin WinPrint capture:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-take-a-screenshot-in-windows-8-1-three-ways-without-using-third-party-tools/

February 24th, 2014 6:54pm

I'm afraid it is. I'm basically looking for a way to define custom hotkeys.
February 25th, 2014 10:16am

Can't be done with a script.  You need to use the keyboard app from SmartKeys or other source.

February 25th, 2014 10:30am

You can create a short cut and assign a keyset to it on the shortcut screen.

Look in Gallery for scripts that create shortcuts. 

This does not really assign a keystroke to print a screen but assigns a keystroke to a shortcut that can run a program.

February 25th, 2014 10:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics