System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFou ndException

Hi All,

I got this message from a running orch, when web service went down.

There was no endpoint listening at "Webservice" that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action.

When I try to resume this instance I end up one resumable error

"The published message could not be routed because no subscribers were found. This error occurs if the subscribing orchestration or send port has not been enlisted, or if some of the message properties necessary for subscription evaluation have not been promoted. Please use the Biztalk Administration console to troubleshoot this failure. "

and one non resumable error

"This service instance exists to help debug routing failures for instance "{4019BB1B-8886-47C7-B54F-801785413774}". The context of the message associated with this instance contains all the promoted properties at the time of the routing failure."

September 8th, 2015 4:57am

Hi,

it looks like your orchestration has thrown this error and entered an exception state which is way after the receive shape in your orchestration. so when your message instance was resumed (published back to the message box) your correlated subscriber (the orchestration) could not receive the response back. 

basically, when you resumed your message instance, it did call the web service but the response back was not correlated back to the orchestration.

do you have any exception handling in your orchestration?

I always tend to prefer using Messaging only scenarios over Orchestrations due to this these reasons.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2015 5:43am

Hi Dines,

There was no endpoint listening at "Webservice" that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action.

It can be because of proxy setting. Please check proxy settings are configured properly.

"The published message could not be routed because no subscribers were found. This error occurs if the subscribing orchestration or send port has not been enlisted, or if some of the message properties necessary for subscription evaluation have not been promoted. Please use the Biztalk Administration console to troubleshoot this failure. "

BizTalk is working in Pub-Sub mode and server will process the documents which should be having the subscriber for it. This error is occurring when BizTalk application could not find the subscriber. For Resolution please check below link,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/969221

"This service instance exists to help debug routing failures for instance "{4019BB1B-8886-47C7-B54F-801785413774}". The context of the message associated with this instance contains all the promoted properties at the time of the routing failure."

"Routing Failure report" is one of the key functionalities of BizTalk Server, where it generates a message with set of promoted properties (mainly error related) and publish into the message box. This kind of works as a notification when things goes wrong, you can do things like create a new orchestration subscribed to this message and deal with the error situation, or you can set up a send port subscribed to this message and send an email etc.

Please refer below thread;

Error- Routing Failure reoprt

September 8th, 2015 5:48am

yes it is inside two scopes, inner one is calling web service and throwing exception in case there is error and second one writes exception to fault table.
September 8th, 2015 5:48am

This is exactly what i expected.  Which means your orchestration instance was not suspended? - please correct me if i am wrong.

Did you try a messaging only scenario ? - why do you need to use an orchestration? 

September 8th, 2015 5:58am

Hi Mazin

Yes Orchestration instance was not showing suspended. It was only wcf-port that was in resumable.

It is a integration application running from a very long time. It checks the status in Db, fetch data from one database, do some processing and forward it to 3 more applications.

September 8th, 2015 6:09am

Hi Dines

Try using the WCF-SQL Receive port to fetch data from SQL server. using a stored procedure that checks the status.

then create three send ports that are subscribed to this receive port to send it to the 3 destinations

would the above be feasible?

September 8th, 2015 6:23am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics