System.AccessViolationException when moving app to server 2008R2 64bit
Looks like a application issue to me rather than the operating system. Looks like you are using .net framework, you might want to seek help in .NET Framework forums http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/netdevelopment (choose the forums from category as appropriate)I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. - .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....
August 22nd, 2012 11:49am

We are switching to Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit servers and are seeing some issues. Our windows services are throwing "System.AccessViolationException" exception in the windows event log. We never had this issue on our old windows 2003 32bit servers. The only app change was a recompile as a 64bit app. I don't know if it's a code issue, or a server setup issue. Anyone have any ideas why this would happen? Here are two of the stack traces. Application: MyApplication1.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException Stack: at Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleConnection.BeginTransaction(System.Data.IsolationLevel) at MyApplication.AlertWorkerBase.persistErrors(System.String, System.String, Char) at MyApplication.AlertWorkerBase.StartAlertWorker() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() Application: MyApplication2.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException Stack: at System.Threading.Thread.InternalCrossContextCallback(System.Runtime.Remoting.Contexts.Context, IntPtr, Int32, System.Threading.InternalCrossContextDelegate, System.Object[]) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.DoCrossContextActivation(System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.IConstructionCallMessage) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.ClientContextTerminatorSink.SyncProcessMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.Activate(System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy, System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.IConstructionCallMessage) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.MessageData ByRef, Int32) at MyApplication2.SessStatsLookup..ctor(Energy.VT.Common.ApplicationParameters) at MyApplication2.TCPConnection.ClientHandler.Initialize(MyApplication2.ApplicationParameters) at MyApplication2.TCPConnection.ClientHandler.ServeClient() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() Dan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 22nd, 2012 11:51am

Looks like a application issue to me rather than the operating system. Looks like you are using .net framework, you might want to seek help in .NET Framework forums http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/netdevelopment (choose the forums from category as appropriate)I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. - .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....
August 22nd, 2012 11:56am

Do you think Data Execution Prevention could cause this? Dan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2012 3:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics