Sys Admin -- Daily Task,
I am a desktop support Eng , and at the same time, I am also trained to become a Sys Admin( ADS ). Anyone can tell me what are the daily routines/tasks need to perform and proactively manage the systems. Thank U
May 27th, 2010 5:07pm

This is a very open-ended question. There is a lot of detail that deals with system administration. However, here is a high level. Hardware: Preparing for installations Inventorying Firmware updates Racking and cabling Retiring hardware Software: Installing operating systems Installing applications Apply service packs, hotfixes, updates Monitoring health of server software inventorying Securing the server (firewalls,antivirus,etc..) Managing user access (local/domain accounts) File and Printer Sharing (setup/permissions/access) Backup and Recovery plan/process You should purchase a server administration book. Here is a pretty good one for 2008 R2. The list above and more are covered. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/067233092X?ie=UTF8&tag=jomesblanitkn-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=067233092X Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 27th, 2010 5:54pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics