Syncing issues
I ran into a couple of different problems.I have two different users that have their "Documents" folder redirected to the same folder on the server. Both running W7 Enterprise connecting to a 2008 server. These two people are the only ones to seem to be having these issues. 1. For whatever reason one user cannot access a file, nor can this person see the file. The permissions on the file indicate that she has full permissions, and yet access is denied. There is also a sync error saying that she does not have permission to access that file. Again, according to the file located on the server she has full permissions. (And on a strange note: I renamed the file to see if both would have access to the file and they did. From the computer that could not access that file I opened word and tried to save a file with the same filename, and she was denied.) 2. Temp files are being created. For whatever reason when one saves a file, such as a word doc, a temp file is created for the other user. The other user cannot see any of the changes made inside of the document, but if you change the extension to .doc on the temp file then all the changes are there. The computer where the file was saved can see the file just fine and does not see the tmp file. (Now I do not have their computer set up to see hidden files) I have tried syncing and re-syncing both computers, restarted both computers, and the problem still exists. I have other users that are setup in a similar fashion and they do not experience this problem, and until this week they have never had a problem. I have checked the event log on both computers and the server and cannot find any error messages. No room for improvement? Really? I have nothing but the necessary room for making improvements!
February 11th, 2011 7:08pm

Hi, how did you configure the documents redirection? if the problem only occur to one or two users, usually we recreate user profile since there may be some temporary or random problem which takes a long time to troubleshoot. anyway you canuse network monitor to troubleshoot. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=983b941d-06cb-4658-b7f6-3088333d062f Wyatt
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 14th, 2011 12:39pm

folder redirection is taken care of in a GPO. Redirection is not really an issue, the issue is the lack of syncing.No room for improvement? Really? I have nothing but the necessary room for making improvements!
February 14th, 2011 2:17pm

So can anyone point me in the right direction?No room for improvement? Really? I have nothing but the necessary room for making improvements!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 15th, 2011 3:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics