Synchronize and Mirror Server from another location
Hi All, We have a client who is setting up a new office near us in the West Midlands. They already have an office in the Isle of Wight which has a server that stores all their data and expensive call recording software. Can anybody assist me in the most cost effective and efficient way to mirror the server in real time and to incorporate the call recording software, I have little information about the server OS and also the types of phone lines that they are using. I have found software called Viceversa PRO which seems to do the job in mirroring the server. However what connection would anyone suggest as I feel that a standard VPN on a normal broadband line would be extremely slow. Would it be possible to use VOIP phones to program to their server and be included in the call logging? Please accept my apologiesfor my nativity on this subject. Many Thanks, WJB
June 16th, 2011 6:08am

Hello, all you have mentioned here does not really belong to Microsoft as you did mentione other vendor software for VOIP for example. So they are responsible to answer this mirroring questions for the VOIP part. Is that a domain environment or workgroup setup? Which OS version are used(incl SP/patch level) and which Microsoft applications and server roles are installed on it?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 16th, 2011 8:08am

Hi Meinolf, I do not have the above information as of yet, I was just looking for tips to synchronise and mirror a server in real-time over a VPN of some sort. Apologies. WJB
June 16th, 2011 11:33am

Hi Meinolf, I do not have the above information as of yet, I was just looking for tips to synchronise and mirror a server in real-time over a VPN of some sort. Apologies. WJB Hello, without knowing what exists on the server and what data should be mirrored we can't really give you information.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2011 6:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics