Sync problem in a multilevel network
Hi, I've been having trouble trying to get a multilevel network synchronized with w32time. This is the structure of my network: - level A: central server, source of the time (win 2008 server) - level B: 2 servers in cluster, they sync with level A server (win 2008 server) - level C: servers that sync with level B (win 2008 servers) - level D: clients that sync with level C (win xp embedded) I wanted to set a polling time in level B servers (for test purposes) of few seconds, so I set "SpecialPollInterval" to 10 (seconds) and "Maxpollinterval" to 7 (2^7 seconds, right?). The thing is, they don't sync after that interval, and I didn't manage to understand what is the polling time. I have to force them with a resync, or restart them. After I forced this sync, level C syncs, but level D is not able to sync. I get the following error: "The time sample was rejected because packet contains unreasonable root delay or root dispersion values. This may be cause by poor network conditions" I'm don't think is a network problem, since if I force it by clicking on UPDATE NOW, it syncs. So the questions are: - why level b doesn't sync within the interval set in specialpollinterval? - why I have that behavior in level D? Thanks a lot for your help, I'm going crazy :) Davide
March 14th, 2010 5:46pm

You might look around here or try sending Ryan an email.http://blogs.msdn.com/w32time/default.aspxRegards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 14th, 2010 5:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics