Sync Custom Attributes
We have been waiting for this feature for syncing custom Attributes to Office 365 and it is available in AD Connect Sync.  The only problem is that when I choose the custom attribute sync my custom attributes won't show up.  Microsoft tech support won't help because it is in preview.  Has anyone else tried this and had success?
September 4th, 2015 12:19pm

Hello

Greetings!

We are pleased to answer your query. With regards to your query, As i understand from above post, you are not able to select "A specific attribute" Custom Attributes on Uniquely identifying your users page.

This option would allow you to select your own attribute, however the limitation being that you need to pick an attribute which will already exist in the meta verse. If you pick a custom attribute the wizard will not be able to complete.

You may refer configure custom attributes in AAD Connect.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards
Kamalakar
_____________________________________________________________________________________
If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2015 3:36pm

Thank You Kamalakar that is the custom attributes I am referring to.  I created a custom attribute in my on-premise AD.  When I look at the Users and Groups and then Attribute Editor I am able to add a Single Value to the attribute.  Then when I run AD Connect and put a check in the sync custom attributes the newly created ones don't show.  I waited a day just to see and still no luck.  I am guessing that I need to do something else when creating the attribute to sync but don't know what.  Help, tech support says they can't help because it is Preview.
September 9th, 2015 8:00am

Hello,

Greetings!

Thank you for your response. This page will only allow you to pick an attribute in the default schema, it is not supported to use your own attribute here. So it will not fetch from On premise users or groups attributes , it has the default attributes defined that you can use.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards
Kamalakar
_____________________________________________________________________________________
If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful

September 9th, 2015 10:36am

I had a engineer point out what was wrong.  After you create a custom attribute in your AD you have to go to MIISync Manager and click on the On Premise Connector and then click Refresh Schema and the attributes will show up.
September 9th, 2015 1:33pm

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

Regards,

Kamalakar K

September 9th, 2015 1:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics