Sun NAS will not authenticate on 2008 AD Server
I added a 2008 Server and upgraded to Domain Controler. Now I have a Sun NAS that won't authenticate to this Server. If I reboot the NAS it will authenticate with a 2003 DC. After an hour or so it trys to authenticate to the 2008 DC and it won't let it. Then the NAS is not available on the network until I reboot the NAS. The errors I get on the 2008 DC are: The session setup from the computer SunStore failed to authenticate. The name(s) of the account(s) referenced in the security database is SunStore$. The following error occurred: The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you. Evt ID 5722 The session setup from the computer SunStore failed to authenticate. The following error occurred: Access is denied. Evt ID 5085 All indications are that the 2008 DC is working fine, except for this one problem. Am I missing a setting somewhere in the 08 Server?
July 5th, 2011 12:06pm

Hi, You might find the following Microsoft KB article useful for this issue http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942564 Best of luck! Martin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 6th, 2011 1:50pm

Honestly, since your 2003 DC is authenticating the NAS, I don't think the previously mentioned article will help, but give it a try. In my experience it usually has to do with increased authentication security, not algorithms. I'd take a look a the Local Security policy of the 2008 domain controller and loosing the authentication security requirements. HOWEVER, keep in mind that changing these settings will reduce the security of your domain controller to at least that of 2003. It would be best to get an upgrade to your Sun NAS to support the new settings, if at all possible. Better yet, change the NAS to SAN mode if it supports iSCSI and put it on a separate storage network. MUCH better performance and security. The possible settings to look at: Start | Administrative Tools | Local Security Policy Security Settings | Local Policies | Security Options (Check all of the settings, especially those that start with "Network Security" with those on your 2003 server) C Shane Cribbs http://www.georgiatechnologies.com
July 6th, 2011 3:19pm

Hi, If there is any update on this issue, please feel free to let us know. We are looking forward to your reply. ThanksBrent Hu Forum Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 11th, 2011 2:19am

I used this article 942564 and made the change. It seemed to fix the authentication problem. The only other change I made was a registry change at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\LMCompatibilityLevel (1). All seems well. Thanks. Bill
July 11th, 2011 9:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics