Stuck in please wait screen on windows 10 after update using windows server 2012

Hi,

The server has been stuck on the please wait screen for over 24 hours.

Windows 10 was running fine before the update.

An update from windows 10 was done over the weekend and now its just in the please wait loop.

All restart back to last boot ( advanced ) and safe mode etc.. have returned to the please wait screen.

Is there anyway to get in without the 'please wait' screen?

ie set-up or command prompt to bypass the update screen?

thanks.

September 2nd, 2015 8:31am

I'm not sure what you are asking about.  There is no 'update' from Windows 10 to Windows Server 2012.  That's a completely new installation.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 7:56pm

Ok no update.

On the restart the computer keeps showing the 'please wait' screen.

so I can't get to the logon screen.

September 3rd, 2015 9:27am

Okay, I will do some more guessing.  It sounds like you had Windows 10 installed on a system and that system was running fine. Then you decided you wanted to install Windows Server 2012 R2 on the same system.  Did you try to perform a clean install, i.e. you wiped the Windows 10 installation completely from the drive before you started the install (or during the install) of Windows Server 2012? Is this a server system or a desktop/laptop system? If a server system, is it a supported system (www.windowsservercatalog.com)?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2015 2:30pm

Hi,

>update using windows server 2012
Does you mean remote connect to Windows 10 from server? Or, Windows 10 obtain update from internal WSUS(Windows Server 2012)? Or any other situation?

>The server has been stuck on the please wait screen for over 24 hours. An update from windows 10 was done over the weekend and now its just in the please wait loop.
Whether the Windows Server 2012, or the Windows 10 stuck in please wait screen?

>All restart back to last boot ( advanced ) and safe mode etc.. have returned to the please wait screen.
I want to confirm with you that if you have tried to enter the device with safe mode/safe mode with network? Or last good known configuration. If you can successfully enter system with safe mode, uninstall update which may cause this problem and then restart the device.

If above options cant enter the system, you may try repair installation with installation media. 

Best Regards,
Eve Wang
September 15th, 2015 1:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics