Strict replication
Hi All, I have environment with 400DC on my forest. A week back i have enabled strict replication on GPO level and modified the registry setting using script to Strict replication Dword value 0 to 1 for my all DC. but yesterday i have found some of the DC's running with loose replication! and again i have enabled manually for strict replication by modifying value 1. and today again the couple of server running with loose replication..:( have searching event id 560 on the security log with object access "REGEDIT" but cant find anything? pls help me to get this fixed? Thanks, Vinay
November 4th, 2009 10:49am

Hi Vinay , Make sure you run windows 2003 sp1 at the minimum to enalbe the strict replication It is best practice to use repadmin rather than directly modifying the registry , repadmin /regkey DC_LIST {+|-} key If you are using registry you need to configure the Strict Replication Consistency under the below registry . HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 4th, 2009 10:57am

Yes, i have used repadmin /regkey * +Strict To enable Strict Replication Consistency under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters and my all DC running with X64 bit SP1
November 4th, 2009 11:22am

Hi Vinay,Just thought of following up on the issue, were you able to fix the problem / identified what was causing the problem ?, if not please do post back here fso that we will continue troubleshoot the issue.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 27th, 2009 2:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics