Strange issue while tracking port events with BAM

I have a very strange behavior while tracking data with BAM on BizTalk Server 2013 R2.

The same activity and Tracking profile work fine, but on some ports, no data is tracked, with no error (event log, BizTalk, failed tracked data (table TDDS_FailedTrackingData), no active tracking, no continuations).

The only difference between working ports and non working ports is the promoted properties. On the working ports, I have, the property BamTrackingOnly (http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/2003/xmlnorm-properties) is in the context (not promoted), while it is not present on the non working ports.

Do you know this property ?

Moreover, the issue only appears on BizTalk Server 2013 R2. I also notice that the type of messages are "Unparsed Interchange", or "Serialized Interchange".

How can I fix this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

• Edited by Rom Ehret Monday, November 10, 2014 8:56 AM Update
November 7th, 2014 6:09pm

You have ofcourse verified that the tracking properties on port processing checkboxes as part of the port configurations are set?

Regards.

PS: Are these ports mapped through TPE? Is there only one instance of Tracking Host on your environment?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 8th, 2014 6:46am

So then it may be an actual issue. Raise a support event with Microsoft on this.

Regards.

November 10th, 2014 11:13am

Hi,

After more investigation, I had to set the tracking options on all the pipelines and orchestrations in my bindings files, in order to make the BAM working. Is it a regular behavior ?

Thanks in advance for your reply

• Edited by Rom Ehret Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:44 AM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 11th, 2014 8:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics