Strange DCOM Errors in Event Log
Hi - I'm trying to investigate a connectivity issue between a client computer and software on one of our servers. The only things I can find that may give any clues are two entries in the server's Event Log at around the time of the issue. Both are DCOM errors, but have strange details: EventID 10009, source DCOM, DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH using any of the configured protocols. EventID 10009, source DCOM, DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer E using any of the configured protocols. There are other, similar entries on other days but they all have proper server names in the details. Anybody have any idea why I would be seeing the two entries above? Thanks
February 16th, 2011 4:48am

Hello, Based on my research, please follow the steps in the suggestion section. Suggestions: ================== 1. Check the hosts file for any erroneous entries. 2. Check the nbstat - a -n output for port consumption. 3. Stop and start MOM agent service. 4. Check the DTC service , and enabled it, as it was disabled. 5. Found that there was some error entry in MOM hosts file i.e, the old server name and the ip address of the server before renaming. Hope all the information will be helpful. Best regards, Tom ZhangTom Zhang MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 17th, 2011 4:12am

Hi Tom 1 - The only entry in the hosts file is for localhost 2 - nbtstat -a - n listed the primary and backup nics, with IP addresses and "Host not found" for both. 3 - MOM agent service not on the server 4 - DTC service was already set to automatic and started 5 - MOM not running on the server and the server has never been renamed. I suspect I'm going to have to chalk this one up as "unknown". Thanks Ian
February 17th, 2011 4:35am

Could you please elaborate on some of the steps? How do I locate the MOM hosts files? How to check the DTS service?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 5th, 2011 6:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics