Storage test fails in Failover cluster validation.
Hi, I have 4 windows 2008 r2 Datacenter edition servers. I have enabled Hyper-V role on all these servers. and few VM's are running on these server.. all the VMs are hosted locally. Now I want to create failover cluster using all these server. I have enbled failover cluster role in all the servers. I have attached 6 Luns on all the servers. 1 for Quorum and 5 to host VMs. I have make all the disk online and initialized all the disk in first server and given name and drive letter to all the disk. and then I make all the disk online and initialized all the disk in rest 3 servers and Drive letter and name is coming same as in 1st server. now I am running validate failover cluster configuration. in result all the test pass except Disk test. below is the result. Name Result Description List All Disks Failed List Potential Cluster Disks Canceled Validate Disk Access Latency Canceled Validate Disk Arbitration Canceled Validate Disk Failover Canceled Validate File System Canceled Validate Microsoft MPIO-based disks Canceled Validate Multiple Arbitration Canceled Validate SCSI device Vital Product Data (VPD) Canceled Validate SCSI-3 Persistent Reservation Canceled Validate Simultaneous Failover Canceled List all disk detail error ..................... List all disks visible to one or more nodes (including non-cluster disks). An error occurred while executing the test. Storage cannot be validated at this time. Node 'host-01.ldpl.com' could not be initialized for validation testing. Possible causes for this are another validation test is being ran from another management client, or a previous validation test was unexpectedly terminated. If a previous validation test was unexpectedly terminated the best corrective action is to reboot the node and try again. Access is denied I have rebooted all the servers and test it again but problem is sam............................. If I am trying to run only disk tests. failover cluster mmc get crashes... below is the error in event viewr.................. Faulting application name: mmc.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc808 Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16559, time stamp: 0x4ba9b802 Exception code: 0xc0000374 Fault offset: 0x00000000000c6df2 Faulting process id: 0x1674 Faulting application start time: 0x01cbb4fbf56196e6 Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll Report Id: 8761db14-20ef-11e0-a340-001b21583234 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a doubt if the LUN's are not clusterd LUN's, but than it should not come online on all the host at the same time... I need to to clear this from my san storage vendor... any idea guy.. what I am missing..... please help.
January 15th, 2011 5:14pm

Hello, for clustering/high availability better use: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverClustering/threadsBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 15th, 2011 5:44pm

Thanks Meinolf..
January 15th, 2011 6:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics