Still querying for a old DC/DNS while running DNSLINT tool
hi everyone, I really do not want to move forward as the test did not run right. I tried to drun DNSLINT /ad /s ip_of_my_DC. But it still tried to query or find a old DC/DNS, which was demoted successfully a while ago. Do you know why, and how do I clean it up? I do all the tests to prepare for 2008 AD upgrade. I also looked into my DNS and delete something no longer there. Please help.... Takami Chiro
December 17th, 2010 12:11pm

Hello, did you tried "ipconfig /flushdns" on host and "dnscmd /clearcache" on DNS server? Those are basics, when you are trying to update your client with newest information from DNS server. Just hint, please check also "hosts" file, if there are any "old" records, which can point your search to old DC/DNS. Regards, Peter R.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 17th, 2010 12:18pm

is there an srv record or host record in dns for the old dc? try clearing the cache on the computer you are running dnslint from ipconfig /flushdns
December 17th, 2010 12:19pm

Hi both, Thank you very much for your reply. I just ran the flushdns. I also close and restart the tool in a new command prompt. Besides, I found one of the resverse zone still had the old DC record so I also remove it. Now it does not query the old dc. Thank you very much for your help. And now I am about to move forward. Hope it will run ok...I do not want to bcome back to work during holidays :) Happy Holidays to you all. Thank you very much for your help again! Takami Chiro
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 17th, 2010 1:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics