Step by step guide to channel bonding on windows 2008 server
I am trying to find a step-by-step procedure for channel bonding for increased through put on windows 2008 server. I have searched but cannot find anything on the microsoft site, I would have thought there would be something available. If there is something available then can you please provide the link. Thanks.
November 11th, 2010 12:32am

Hi noshdb, I believe the reason you can't find any documentation is because the NIC teaming or "channel bonding" is managed by 3rd party drivers of the NICS hence vendor specific for example if you have HP servers the drivers should be on your smart start cd(If you see the link Ive posted below you can see how HP NIC teaming works.). Or equivalent if you have other vendors. So what you would do is download install drivers/software, from there all the configuration is between assigning the nics an IP address and the network switch. For example. assign NIC-0 an IP of 192.168.0.11/24 NIC-1 192.168.0.12/24 with a default gateway of 192.168.0.1 From here you would have to configure the swich. Here is a good reference guide from Cisco. On setting up NIC teaming a HP server with a Cisco switch. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_configuration_example09186a008089a821.shtml If you are not using the Vendors listed, the process will be similar just different syntax. If you let me know what switches you have and what Servers you are using, I may be able to assist further. Kind Regards, Liam Kenneally
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 6th, 2012 8:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics