Status view is greyed out although the monitor is green

Hello,

I have a status view for our java web application monitoring. The view goes over a group with the application url tests (see screenshot). On my test environment the status is green. On my production environment it is grey.

What can I check?

Regards, Doreen

December 11th, 2014 9:35am

Hi!
Maybe you have a problems with management server(s) which using to web app monitoring.

Can you show Management Servers State View?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 11th, 2014 10:55am

Hi Maxim,

you're right:

Unfortunately I have no idea why the Health Service Watcher State is grey - what can I check now?

Regards, Doreen

December 12th, 2014 4:16am

I found the task "Show grey agent connectivity data". After starting this I get an error message:

Looking to the Management Server Resource Pool I found the management servers are not monitored:

I am very suprised of that.

In the Health Explorer I found that the APM Agent Health Rollup - Availability is disabled. Could this be the reason?

Regards.

December 12th, 2014 4:32am

Hi!

APM Agent Health Rollup is disabled by default.

Try to restart Microsoft Monitoring Agent service on all your management servers.

December 12th, 2014 6:57am

Unfortunately nothing changed. During restart I also deleted the Health Service State folder. But after 15 minutes its still grey.
December 12th, 2014 7:32am

Do you have any error or warning messages in OpsMGR Log on this servers?
December 15th, 2014 3:12am

Oh yes I have:

But the Test validation is green:

Confused...

December 15th, 2014 3:22am

Searching for the error message I found a post from myself.

Web Application Availability Monitoring: Availability is greyed out but monitor runs

I checked aggregation and there is nothing outstandig. I made a job after this post on the OperationsManager DataWarehouse Database which runs every friday at 6 o'clock in the morning. The error messages starting yesterday at 6 o'clock in the evening. Maybe I have to run the job more often?

December 15th, 2014 3:30am

Web Application Availability Monitoring: Availability is greyed out but monitor runs

I checked aggregation and there is nothing outstandig. I made a job after this post on the OperationsManager DataWarehouse Database which runs every friday at 6 o'clock in the morning. The error messages starting yesterday at 6 o'clock in the evening. Maybe I have to run the job more often?

• Edited by D. Hacker Monday, December 15, 2014 8:18 AM
December 15th, 2014 8:18am

December 15th, 2014 11:18am

Hi,

If the issue happened is realted with the job, we may need to narrow down the issue by stop the job, or as you said, run the job more often.

Regards,

Yan Li

December 18th, 2014 9:57pm

Just try to check, maybe someone set maintenance mode on all management servers.
December 23rd, 2014 4:26am

Maybe it is caused by some issues with my management server resource pool? I have an event that all management server resource pool is not available because it does not reporting any availability.  But my management servers are all green.

January 6th, 2015 12:17pm

Still have the problem that the resource pool heartbeat is not okay and the All Management Resource Pool is greyed out.

The Management Server are all green.

What can I check?

January 26th, 2015 4:14am

Still have the problem that the resource pool heartbeat is not okay and the All Management Resource Pool is greyed out.

What can I check?

• Edited by D. Hacker Monday, January 26, 2015 8:55 AM
January 26th, 2015 8:55am

What can I check?

• Edited by D. Hacker Monday, January 26, 2015 8:55 AM
January 26th, 2015 11:55am

Still having this grey status of All Management Resource Pool:

But Management Servers are green.

March 9th, 2015 10:44am

Hi There,

As mentioned above, Can you check if the MS's are in maintenance mode ? If yes then remove them from maintenance mode and check.

March 9th, 2015 12:37pm

Hi Gautam

no, they are not in Maintenance Mode.

I checked it with this Query:

select bme.FullName, bme.DisplayName, bme.Path, bme.IsDeleted from MaintenanceMode mm join BaseManagedEntity bme on mm.BaseManagedEntityId = bme.BaseManagedEntityId where IsInMaintenanceMode = 1 

March 10th, 2015 3:17am

Hi There,

I have a question. As you have mentioned that the URL Monitors work in Test SCOM environment and not in production right ?

Did you import the management pack which contained the URL Monitors from Test SCOM to production SCOM  or did you create them newly IN Production ?

Also by seeing your members of resource pool are in not monitored, Did you get any alert for "All Management servers resource pool Not available" alert or some thing similar ?

I would aslo suggesy you put the Web URL's in maintenance mode for 30 min and check after that if they come green or some thing.

Sam with your MS as well by seeing the Resource pool members are in Not monitored state . Make sure you do silence the MS for 30 min and check during the Non business hours to avoid any impact.

Also are your MS's Showing healthy in the Management servers Tab in Administration like in the below Screenshot ?

March 11th, 2015 12:16am

Hi,

right in the Test environment everything looks good.

Yes I imported it and than edited the Monitors for produktion servers.

Yes I have the Alert. But found no reason for that. It's a little bit curios becaus the correlation status is grey and the single monitors are green.

Did the MM for webApplications but nothing changed after that.

The Resource Pool Members are monitored and green.

The Management Servers are green

March 11th, 2015 4:52am

Hi There,

Thank you for the confirmation. Also what did you edit in the monitors ?

As of i know the Watchers in the Testing SCOM will be different, Did you change the Watchers in the production to a working Agent  and check if it came green or what ?

If the above as well did not work, Then my suggestion is you create a new one fresh in the production for 1 URL and test if it is working or not.

Also confirm from SCOM Server if the URL is accessible from Internet exp

March 11th, 2015 6:56am

Hacker,

I would also like to share 1 more interestign thing i got for these URL monitoring.

There was 1 URL which was not working as it had no watchers. Post giving the watcher as well the Test failed.

Just see the cross mark in the Website.

Then in the Options i also gave a proxy ip to the URL monitoring and post that i saved my settings and Surepise the URL worked and came green as in the below screenshot.

Check the same and post me the results.

March 11th, 2015 7:41am

If you see i have 14 URL monitors in prod and same in Stage.

When i altered the watchers for 2 out of 14 it reflected in the Monitoring tab as well.

I did not get it for rest 12 in that view is because there is no watcher.

Also some URLs may require proxy to work and some may not. So you check by putting the proxy and by removing the proxy.

March 11th, 2015 7:53am

I changes the Agent where to monitor from to the production server.

The Teststate is green only the WebApplicationState is greyed out.

I am not using the Webapplication Transaction Template - I user the Webapplication Availability Template. The Webapplications did not need a proxy because they are in our internal environment.

March 11th, 2015 9:35am

Hi There,

Got it. As i mentioned earlier did you delete one and recreate one for testing in the Production to see if it appears healthy in green ?

Also Try restarting all the SCOM services on all the Management servers and check, May be it may re calculate the workflow / health state.

Close the console and clear the cache and check if it reflects corr

March 13th, 2015 1:45am

Hi,

yes I did but nothing changed after all these steps.

Still having the event that AllManagementServer Resource Pool is not available.

March 13th, 2015 5:48am

What is the Watcher you kept for the Web application monitoring ? Have you placed a resource pool as a watcher ?

March 13th, 2015 5:50am

I have placed one of the management server as watcher. Its a member of the all management resource pool watcher.
March 13th, 2015 8:36am

Can you change it to some other Object.

Also try creating a custom resource pool with 2 healthy management servers as its members and then change the Watcher to the Newly created resource pool and check. There is a option to select resource pool as well as a watcher.

I think this will do the trick. Wait for 10 - 15 minutes for the changes to reflect and check.

March 13th, 2015 8:45am

The ManagementServers are healthy - the problem is that the state of the pool - is nocht available. See my post from Wednesday morning. The single monitors are green but the summary is grey.

Same for the applications.

March 13th, 2015 8:56am

The ManagementServers are healthy - the problem is that the state of the pool - it is not available. See my post from Wednesday morning. The single monitors are green but the summary is grey.

Same for the applications.

• Edited by D. Hacker Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:32 PM
March 13th, 2015 12:55pm

Suddenly I found the solution: I had an override for the Resource Pool Watcher Heartbeat Failure - this was disabled. I delete the override and everything is green :)
  • Marked as answer by D. Hacker 18 hours 26 minutes ago
June 12th, 2015 8:45am

Nice to hear the issue is solved.
June 12th, 2015 10:02am

Suddenly I found the solution: I had an override for the Resource Pool Watcher Heartbeat Failure - this was disabled. I delete the override and everything is green :)
  • Marked as answer by D. Hacker Friday, June 12, 2015 12:44 PM
June 12th, 2015 12:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics