Static Routes (and NUD) Problem
Hi, We have several Windows Server 2008 x64 servers and have to force static routes.The problem is that sometimes the static routes aren't applied and all the traffic goes for one nic while i want it to be sent by other nic (ihave a static route that forces this). If i repair the network interface the static routes are applied for a pieze of time, and then it occurs again. I was reading the technet and found that the nud (network unreachability detection) flag in the properties of the network interface would be the causant of this behaviour. I tried to disable the nud parameter by the netsh command, but it fails. I reported this to Microsoft support and they said me that it was a bug. Can anyone say me if the problem is caused by the nud or maybe it is caused by other reason?Does anyone have static routes in his environment?Thanks a lot.DaniPrado.
February 9th, 2009 3:14pm

hi there,have you configured static routes per interface basis ? or per ipaddress basis ?and what is happening to default route ?, does that not respond as well ?if its per interface basis then i would recommend you to upgrade your NIC drivers as a part of troubleshooting as you are giving route to the interface as far as i know NUD is used for IPV6 addresses ?First thing NUD is related to network discovery which is used to detect linked layer addresses and also neighbouring routers which is not relevant with the conventional static route functionality, i still wonder what made you to think about ND / NUD . I would say these are something whcih are configured at router level instead of per host basis in enterprise scenarios.Question=======a) can you please provide the link inthe technet which say about NUD flag and static route?b) AFAIK there is no registry related to NUD flag in IPV6 , but if you found i would like toknw that c) i dont think so NUD is causing the issue. d) is this behavior happening to ipv4 static routes ?sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 9th, 2009 5:52pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics