Startup trouble
Hello, friends, First of all, I'm not an expert, so please take a few time more to explain me how to do if you know the solution. Many many thanks. I have a dell SC1425 with Windows Server 2003x64. It has been working good until yesterday, it seems that we lost access in our intranet to the data in the HD of the server. It is configured to give access to the users to the information in the HD. We have reset a couple of times, but it has an error message: "At least one service or driver failed during system startup. Use event viewer to see log fordeatils" The trouble is that the user by default, "administrator" is not recognised at startup, and we have not access to the system. I am thinking in reinstall windows, but i am afraid to loose the data stored in the HD, could it happen? Could someone help me with this? Many thanks, kindest regards, Antonio
June 12th, 2007 7:27pm

This forum is about Windows Server 2008 But do like this: Do you have a recent backup? - Restore from backup, including system state. Can you access your data from another computer? - Copy data off the system, repair the installation / re-install Can you logon to the system with any account? - Check which service fails to start and remediate that problem If you only have lost the password - reset it with http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 13th, 2007 1:29pm

Dear Joachim, Thanks for your time. I din't find a Wserver2003 forum, this is why I am asking here. The trouble is that the password is not changed or forgotten,the system has a trouble at startup, and doesn't recognise the password. However, I Tried toboot from the CD and recover the system, and in a dos shell the disc is accesible, and the password for admin in recognised. It is a trouble while windows boot secuence. Thanks,
June 13th, 2007 2:16pm

In that case, if repair doesn't do the trick, I'd copy all the data off the disk since it's available. Then re-install the box.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 14th, 2007 12:43pm

locked out of admin due to time restirictions lost for how to fix thomas r
March 20th, 2011 6:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics