Start the Windows Azure Debugging Environment

I'm trying this guide

https://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/how-to-guides/blob-storage/

And after I create a cloud project, and finish the settings in the guide, I run the web role with Ctrl+F5. It seems ok but stuck in this dialog for a long time. Should I wait? Or I've done something wrong?

August 10th, 2012 6:47am

Are you running your visual studio in elevated mode? Make sure that you are running VS as admin and see if it helps.

If it doesn't work, try to start compute and storage emulators manually from start menu.

One of them should work.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 10th, 2012 8:22am

Are you running your visual studio in elevated mode? Make sure that you are running VS as admin and see if it helps.

If it doesn't work, try to start compute and storage emulators manually from start menu.

One of them should

August 10th, 2012 8:57am

Can you just run compute emulator alone and make sure that we dont have any problem with emulator?

If emulator works without any issue, then it must be an issue with your web role project.

August 10th, 2012 9:10am

Can you just run compute emulator alone and make sure that we dont have any problem with emulator?

If emulator works without any issue, then it must be an issue with your web role pr

August 10th, 2012 10:19am

Did you figure it out? I have a similar problem with the Labs\GettingStartedWindowsAzureStorage project. No worries with my emulator and running other webrole projects. Also, the project deploys fine in Azure, only emulating it doesn't work.

From the Compute Emulator for the web role:
[fabric] Role Instance: deployment20(30).PhotoUploader.PhotoUploader_WebRole.0
[fabric] Role state Unhealthy
[Diagnostics]: UpdateState(Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Diagnostics.DiagnosticMonitorStartupInfo, Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Diagnostics.DiagnosticMonitorConfiguration, )
[Diagnostics]: Acquired mutex

July 18th, 2013 1:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics