Start and Stop Service from multiple non-Administrator user account
I have a Windows Service named, say,ABC. And I need to give a non-Administrator user, UserA,UserB,UserC, the permissions to Start/Stop this particular service. My service runs on a variety of Windows OS, starting from Windows Server 2003 to Windows 7. I am doing like following -- If I give permission to User A ,followed by UserB, followed by UserC ,then only User C get Permission . I use following command sc sdshow "service name " sc sdset "Service name" "D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)(A;;RPWPCR;;;S-1-5-21-2496736542-2811831654-3841294718-1022)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)" The reason for above reason as I m overwriting permission again and again. But what is the way if I want to give permission User A,B,C. I got the reference from – link "http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowscompatibility/thread/047e9c87-eff2-4a77-a58e-b07f58ac146b"
June 17th, 2011 1:43pm

Hi ksn2385, Although I have replied the thread for this similar issue, however, is it a Windows Security problem, recommend you to post it on the Windows Server Forums > Security forum on TechNet. Thanks. Sincerely,Bob Bao [MSFT] MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 20th, 2011 8:16am

download and use subinacl from Microsoft instead it is much easy to use. Also, apply permisisons using a group, not user accounts. Then place the users in the group.
June 20th, 2011 8:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics