Start VB6 IDE on Win2008 R2 Standard
Hi, During evaluating our existing system (COM DLL written in VB6) to run on Win2008 R2 Standard, I encountered another problem. Under Win2000, we can debug the DLL in VB6 IDE. But on Win2008, it returns below error: "System Error &H80004015 (-2147467234). The class is configured to run as a security id different from the caller". On Win2K, under Distributed COM Configuration Properties, - add "INTERACTIVE" and "MachineName\IUSR_MachineName" in "Default Access Permissions" - add "MachineName\IUSR_MachineName" and "MachineName\IWAM_MachineName" in "Default Launch Permissions" What should we do on Win2008 R2 Standard? Have tried to search around for days but no luck. Hope some expert can help. Thanks. Joe
June 29th, 2010 7:12am

Hi, According to the description, you have an own developed application/system, so the issue seems to be related to coding development. As we mainly focus on the General question about Windows Server system and here is not the best support resource for coding development, it is recommend you to get further support in the corresponding community so that you can get the most qualified pool of respondents. Thanks for your understanding. For your convenience, I have list the related link as followed. MSDN Forums http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/categories Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 29th, 2010 7:43am

Vincent, but from what we experienced in Win2K, it is not related to development. It's windows setting, isn't it? Anyway, thanks for your reference.
June 29th, 2010 9:29am

Hi, Yes, I understand that you have experience from Windows Server 2000. However, there are many great changes in Windows Server 2008 R2, so I suspect that there are some compatibility issue with your application, you may need to adjust the code of your application. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2010 6:54am

Just for anyone else who may have same problem. After unregister the DLL from component application (Component Services), debug mode is working fine as in Win2K now.
August 25th, 2010 12:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics