Start Menu Logon name unreadable....
In Windows 2003 R2 Server, click Start Menu, Where the currently logged on user name displays at the Top of the Start Menu, is replaced with, it looks like wing dings... i ran a couple different virus software packages, and malware programs, and found nothing.... any recommendations?thanks r davis
October 17th, 2009 3:15am

Does it happen for all users? Also what happens if you create a new account and logon with that account? (to test \default user profile)Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 17th, 2009 5:48am

The display name on the start menu is reflected from the Active Directory. Please check the Display name tab in the user properties if its in English.Thankshttp://technetfaqs.wordpress.com
October 17th, 2009 9:45am

I just deleted the profile recreated it .... that worked.. thanks for your input..
October 24th, 2009 3:36am

Good to hear, you're welcome.Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
October 24th, 2009 5:16am

It does it to all users.....even new....
October 24th, 2009 9:45pm

Yesterday you replied "I just deleted the profile recreated it .... that worked.."How does this relate to your latest reply?Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
October 24th, 2009 11:07pm

yes, I thought it was resolved...it worked fine for a couple days.. its back......very strange....
October 25th, 2009 1:03am

Then it seems as another reply that it is coming from ADRegards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
October 25th, 2009 2:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics