Stacked Column

Hi I am working on a stacked column chart, [ department cost by month category group is month, Y- axis is a cost and there are 7

series on department stacked on ech bar for each month ]

and my report is paramterized on months now when i selected multiple months the report is fine .

however, when I selecte just one month it shows 1 bar with 7 departments stacked can anything done that if user selects one month . instead

of stacked report a normal bar chart is displayed .

[ category group - department for that month ] or any other way of presenting the data when user selects 1 month

September 9th, 2015 7:39am

Hi JOHN-ugrai,

According to your description, you have created a stacked column chart, specify the category group as month, series as department. When you select a single month value for the report parameter, you want to display the category as department, and display value based on selected month, right?

In your scenario, since the report parameter is a multivalued, we can specify value for the category group and series group based on the count of the selected parameter values with the expression like below:
=Parameters!<MultivalueParameterName>.Count

As we tested in our environment, the left stacked chart contains the same category group and series group whether we select a single value for the parameter or not. The category group and series group will change based on your requirement when select single parameter value. Please refer to screenshots below:

Label and Group on expression in Category Group Properties:
=IIF(Parameters!group.Count=1,Fields!SalesTerritoryCountry.Value,Fields!SalesTerritoryGroup.Value)

Label and Group on expression in Series Group Properties:
=IIF(Parameters!group.Count=1,Fields!SalesTerritoryGroup.Value,Fields!SalesTerritoryCountry.Value)

Reference:
Parameters Collection References (Report Builder and SSRS)

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2015 10:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics