Sql Server stops, though network type set to automatic
Please, I'm using SQL server 2014 and all of a sudden the server stops working and I have to go to the configuration manager to start it. Though the start mode is set to automatic, this still happens and I just don't know why. Please help.
September 7th, 2015 9:18am

Hello,

Please lookup SQL Server ErrorLog file and Windows EventLog if you can find any hint why SQL Server has stopped.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2015 9:29am

Please, I'm using SQL server 2014 and all of a sudden the server stops working and I have to go to the configuration manager to start it. Though the start mode is set to automatic, this still happens and I just don't know why. Please help.

Startup mode Automatic means that Service should start when OS restarts.

You need to find why its stopped. As Olaf mentions, start from ERRORLOG http://sqlserver-help.com/2011/06/26/help-where-is-sql-server-errorlog/

September 7th, 2015 9:34am

Are you using SQl Server on windows 10 ? If so this is known problem with windows 10. If not, check errorlog and event viewer.

Someone is restarting windows machine and this  will ofcourse cause SQl server to start, with automatic mode it should come online when OS boots but due to some issues it is not and you need to manually set it online. A solution to it would be to delay service start by couple of minutes

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2015 9:54am

This is a typical symptom of SQL Server on a Windows 10 Machine; is this the case with yours? I think one solution is to delay the startup of SQL Server..

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/sqlserver/en-US/e5b28990-fd42-4e7e-9df9-5eac86bdab62/sql-server-agent-will-not-restart-after-reboot

September 7th, 2015 11:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics