Sql Azure Sync failed

I have a large database (~100 gb) in the North Central datacenter. I'm trying out the Sync service, so I added a blank database to a new server in the East datacenter, set it to 150 gb max, and tried to sync the whole thing (all tables and fields), 1 direction: hub -> reference. It failed with this error:

"Sync failed with the exception "We have encountered an issue in syncing your data."  For more information, provide tracing ID f23129ed-6662-49af-a200-5b54f87d29da to customer support." (Apparently my account doesn't get technical support so I am out of luck there.)

It appears all of the correct tables and fields were created in the reference database, but no data was copied. 

I tried again to synch just a couple of small tables, and this worked fine. Then I tried the whole thing again and it failed again with the same sort of error. 

Any thoughts? Is it timing out due to the large size? Is it failing because some of my tables have constraints? Anything else I didn't think of?

January 15th, 2014 6:40pm

Hi Calcbench Alex,

here is a link to known limitation to Azure Data Sync.

assuming you have a large number of tables, i recommend you do in small chunk..

here is another valuable blog post by June Tabadero that explains things to consider while using Azure data sync

Hope this helps

-------------------------------

Please mark as answered if it

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 16th, 2014 2:30am

My best guess is it's a size issue. I'll keep at it, but I'll close this thread for now.
January 16th, 2014 8:31pm

My best guess is it's a size issue. I'll keep at it, but I'll close this thread for now.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 16th, 2014 8:33pm

January 17th, 2014 4:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics