SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred

I've opened the Firewall. I've copied the connection string from the portal and I get:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): The network path was not found]

[SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +6676046

May 31st, 2013 3:15am

Try telnet to SQL Azure server on port 1433

If telnet fails then network is issue if works then something else

next check that you dont have any "[" or "]" in server name or database name in connection string

Thanks,

Dilkush

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 31st, 2013 4:11am

There are no "[]" symbols in the connection string.

Here is the Telnet: (Timed out)

Microsoft Telnet> open
( to ) Xb4xfv7wau.database.windows.net 1433
Connecting To tb4xfv7wau.database.windows.net...

Connection to host lost.

===========

Cannot open database "TheDatabase" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'TheUser'.
This session has been assigned a tracing ID of 'c51a78da-ac12-4385-b35a-ca4b28e55063'.  Provide this tracing ID to customer support when you need assistance.

May 31st, 2013 4:33am

This error message means we were able to reach SQL Azure and after that login failed for user which is different from earlier error.

And how does telnet giving you this output, telnet should just check for open port and should npot try to login to database.

Thanks,

Dilkush

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 5th, 2013 4:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics