Special Permission in WIN XP
Hi, I am confuse on special permission in win XP, My current setup is I have data server and AD with Roaming Profile, I was set the permission to user for accessing Data servers files though map Drive. My requirement is to set change right permission to users file but user can’t delete the file, even user can change the data save the file but he can’t delete the files. As I mention setting I set to user but when user type some data in excel file and save then instantly duplicate file had created on same path & user can’t delete the that by default Created files. A waiting for Solution………
July 10th, 2010 10:24am

Hello, change permission requires delete also. If you change a file it will actually be deleted and new created with the same name so you will not realize this process. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 10th, 2010 3:40pm

As Meinolf said, "Change" can be consider as "Delete and recreate", so it needs the delete permission also. Meanwhile for Windows XP related issue it is recommended to post on Windows XP forum instead of Windows Server forum: Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/itproxpsp/threadsShaon Shan| TechNet Subscriber Support in forum| If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
July 13th, 2010 4:28am

Sure will take care of same.......
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 14th, 2010 4:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics