Source DB could be on Oracle or Sqlserver - which connection manager is suitable for this

Hi,

Working on ETL for a source system that may be deployed in Oracle ,Sqlserver, H2 or Mysql. For now we are addressing Oracle and Sqlserver (since there are no customers yet on H2 and My SQL). OLE DB connection seems to perform better than ODBC, if there a way to use OLE DB connection and dynamically alter the connection string at run time to connect to Oracle or Sql. What is the best and simple way to achieve this.

Thanks,

lm

July 30th, 2015 2:59pm

Hi lm,

Please describe the business scenario here.

I imagine it is your product that say has tables e.g. tblABC, tblXYZ and they will have the same data types across all the four kinds of database engines?

So you then can dynamically switch back and forth because your application is moving all the time?

Or SSIS will be adaptable to running against ether db kind, I am lost why then would you need such dynamics if you only consider 4 data engines to support.

Besides, Oracle oledb is a per record processing, for high volume you need the Attunity driver.

H2 never dealt with, mysql is tricky as it comes in various data storage flavours, no OLEDB + more headaches.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 30th, 2015 3:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics