Sometimes the mouse doesn't left click in Hyper-V

I am MCT, some of the classes I deliver at the customer location, in which case I prepare the VMs at the training center, and the participants access them using remote desktop on the machine (not directly on the virtual machine).

Sometimes a very strange thing happens. Moving the mouse in the VM windows selects text, if selectable text is available, left click doesn't work, but right click works fine. In the remote desktop window, everything is fine.

I cannot reproduce this problem, and I fix it with reboot or revert. Both work.

I am guessing this is some setting that is triggered by a key combination.

Thanks for any information on the issue.

November 27th, 2013 6:23am

Hi,

Could you provide more information about your environment. for example, the server version of the problem, when you experience this issue what are you trying to do.

More information:

Event Logs
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722404.aspx

Thanks.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 2nd, 2013 5:04am

The host operating system is Windows 2008R2 SP1.

Guest operating systems vary. It happened with 10266 (win7), 6231, 6232(win2008), 1077x(win2012). They remote from their notebooks, which vary, and the software installed varies. It happened in serveral courses, at several customers, with different notebooks, so I'm assuming it's not from the notebooks.

It happens only to the course participants, I have the VMs on my notebook and it never happened to me. Since I can't reproduce the problem, I obviously can't tell you what they were doing. Generally speaking, they were doing their labs. However, neither participant has ever noticed a pattern.

I didn't notice anything interesting in the event logs. There are some warnings/errors, but mostly related to the lack of internet connection, maybe an unavailable domain controller, stuff like that.

In the meantime I requested all the mice from desktops with issues be replaced, since this is a small cost but solves a very unpleasant situation. Can't tell the outcome since the change is recent and the issue doesn't appear all the time.

January 8th, 2014 4:16am

Just an idea:

1. Try to compare settings in "Make the mouse easier to use"

2. I have problems with wireless mouse, but mostly in W2012/W8.x operating systems.

Regards

Milos

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 8th, 2014 4:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics