Some IP addresses on a Network Adapter are lost after you restart a computer that is running Server 2008
The precise description of my problem is listed in KB982931, but the listed Hot Fix does not work for Server 2008 (enterprise x86). I need a fix or work-around.
December 27th, 2010 7:19pm

I'd call them up. Support for hotfixes is always free. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 27th, 2010 7:42pm

Hi, Thank for posting here. Could you discuss in detail what you mean not work? Is that mean this hotfix doesn’t solve this issue or any installation issue occurred? Meanwhile, please check the version of file Tcpipreg.sys on your server. which service pack had been installed on your server ? For more information please refer to the “Hotfix information” paragraph in KB982931: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982931 Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 28th, 2010 10:21am

Tiger, I requested, received and downloaded the hot fix from Microsoft. When I run the Windows6.0-KB982931-x86.msu file, I get a pop-up from Windows Update Standalone Installer "The update does not apply to your system". I searched for Tcpipreg.sys on my server, and the search came up with nothing. I'll double-check the above KB reference, but I looked through it a few times and I think I did everything right. I am running Windows Server Enterprise 2008, 32 bit OS, Service Pack 1. Thank you for your help.
December 28th, 2010 7:57pm

Dave, Thank you for the suggestion. I did call, and they referred me to the Tech Net Forum. If I don't get this resolved. I will call them again.
December 28th, 2010 7:59pm

Ok, sounds good. They should be obliged to help. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
December 29th, 2010 6:58am

Hi, Thanks for update. If you are running windows server 2008 with service pack 1 , according the prerequisites , this hotfix is not applied to this version , you may consider upgrade the latest service pack for your server and check if this issue persist . For more information please refer to the link below: How to obtain the latest service pack for Windows Server 2008 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968849 Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 31st, 2010 10:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics