Software lagg with Server 2003 x64 R2 sp2
In our company we use a windows 2003 x64 r2 sp2 in combination with a SQL 2005 server. We have a software that extracts product and consumer information from there. The program was developed in VB 6 and in one field it contains an arrow on which you can click to pop up a list of all products available. On most pc's it works perfectly on some it has a lagg like 1-10 minutes where nothing happends. I analysed networking devices and applications and so i did with the server. It seems to be a client problem in the software. It is strange that this happens at random and "infects" more pcs. I dont think its a virus or something cause we are working in a high security enviroment. I think its maybe a problem with incombatibility between server and clients. We use windows professional 2003 as end user interface. With the old Server (windows 2000) it hasnt been a problem for 3 years. Has anybody problems like this or know a solution ? greets
November 18th, 2009 4:27pm

Hi, According to the description, seems that you have an own develop application, so the issue seems to be related to Windows Development. As we mainly focus on the General question about Windows Server system and here is not the best support resource for Windows Development, it is recommend you to get further support in the corresponding community so that you can get the most qualified pool of respondents. Thanks for your understanding. General Windows Development Issues http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues/threads Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 20th, 2009 11:11am

Hi There, In-line to vincent suggestion , i would suggest you to check your VB application memory handling and if you have defined custom threads you need to debug them , i would also prefer you to post your query under http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/visualbasic
November 25th, 2009 12:21pm

Hi Crasuss, Did you had a chance to go through our suggestions ?
November 26th, 2009 4:15am

Hi folks, I just got a problem with that, cause i am not developing this software, so i dont have the chance to see the source code. Thats why i posted it here, cause i thought maybe this inflicts server side problems or something like that. And the next problem is that the company that develops this product is very slow in reaction. However i am CIO in a time critical company cause we deliver biological food in the whole area, and some of the people there cant work on their pcs cause the program laggs. all the best
November 26th, 2009 10:15am

Hi Crassuss,Thank you for posting back , as we said earlier windows 2003 is scalable to manage real time applications and many companies world wide has successfully implemented them and the applicaitons are running without any problems.With respect to your problem, there are multiple components involved, a) application at the first placeb) Operating system when i mentioned OS , it is important for us to check with current server memory , because any application finally uses the memory and disk at lower level. Prior to this i would like to debug the applicaiton and check for th ebottle neck.
November 26th, 2009 12:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics