Smart Card message while trying to set up remote access in Essentials Experience

I am trying to run the wizard for remote access in the essentials experience role dashboard. After going through the steps up to the point where I browse to the certificate it is giving me a insert smart card pop up. I have modified all the log on interactively smart card settings to disabled in group policy and rebooted and I still get the message. Does anyone have a solution to this? Thanks in advance for your help.

July 29th, 2015 9:57pm

Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that it prompts for smart card when access Essentials dashboard remotely.

Try to disable Interactive logon: Require smart card in group policy. 

Detailed information about Smart Card Group Policy and Registry Settings, you may reference link below:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff404287(v=ws.10).aspx

Besides, it would be helpful if you can provide more information about your configuration, and upload related screenshots about this problem. 

Best Regards,
Eve Wang
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 1st, 2015 11:34pm

Hi Eve,

Thank you for the reply. Did that but I was still getting the message. After investigating deeper it turns out that the server was leaving organization name out of the security certificate request. I verified this with a PEMS decoder. I used ISS to correct and generate a new cert request and I resubmitted it to my website hosting company. The Remote Access is working fine. Although the wizard still fails to finish setup.

Because of this VPN doesn't work, and I am unable to install the remote access role which fails with the dreaded server needs a restart. I've looked for solutions here, but they haven't worked for me.

If you can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

August 2nd, 2015 1:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics