Small Business Server 2003 - Running as Workstation only
I have the following services running:Dhcp ClientDNS ServerDNS clientIIS Admin ServiceRemote Access Connection ManagerRemote RegistrySmtpSNMP ServiceTelephonyTerminal ServicesWorld Wide Web Publishing ServiceWindows Internet Name ServiceWhich of these can I disable and Small Business Server 2003 function properly?I do not connect to this computer from remote computers nor do I have clients connected. I do from time to time connect to other computers remotely from this computer. I run Outlook 2007 to send and recieve emails. I have a dsl/broadband connection type.
December 2nd, 2008 6:17pm

are you planning to use this computer as a server in the future or not?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 2nd, 2008 10:47pm

No I am not.
December 2nd, 2008 10:56pm

When I got this computer (traded work for it) it had a degraded array. It came with all the software. I just rebuilt it with the software (small business server 2003) it came with. At this point, I will not be using it as a server and what to disable any un-needed services (using up RAM), but at the same time, I want everything to function correctly. Bottom line, if I have to purchase more RAM I will.
December 2nd, 2008 10:58pm

then i think that the only services that you could stick with would be the following:Dhcp ClientDNS ServerDNS clientTerminal ServicesWorld Wide Web Publishing ServiceWindows Internet Name Servicehow much RAM do you have installed?
December 2nd, 2008 11:08pm

1 GB of RAM (2 512 GB)
December 2nd, 2008 11:21pm

if you are just going to be doing emails and navigating the net, then you could stick with 1gb. otherwise i would upgrade that memory to at least 2gb if you could. but i mean, is up to you. :P
December 2nd, 2008 11:25pm

Hi, As this issue is related to Small Business Server 2003, I suggest discussing it in our Small Business Server newsgroup. http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz&lang=en&cr=US&r=627fae54-a95e-45ba-b054-e423964b47fa I hope your issue can be resolved soon. Tim Quan - MSFT
December 3rd, 2008 5:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics