Slow network to server from WIN98,DOS stations (frame 16k)
Fromstations like Windows XP,Vista,2000,2003, another Longhorn network is fast and good. Fromolder stations like Windows 98,ME and DOS network is in some operations very, very slow. So, on Windows 98 stations can't work on a LAN aplications from server Longhorn. Then I test this by simple very old utils "PC Magazine LAN Labs Benchmark Series" and compare it from the same stations Win98, the same phisical machine server, and the same hardware network ifrastructure, but one from/to "Longhorn" and secondfrom/to "2003" Server. In "16K Byte Blocks" is a problem with "Sequential Write" and "Random Write". The "Sequential Write" and "Random Write" in 16K Byte Blocks is very, very small, around 30 times less like the same from server Windows 2003. In 512 Byte Blocks and in 4K Byte Blocks Longhorn works good. In 16K works bad. I know that Longhorn have "Next Generation TCP/IP Stack", but what I can do? Thank You, Artur Zgadzaj
May 13th, 2007 6:41pm

Up to now I try this: -------------------------- 1.Copy and replace settings in Register on: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrenetControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters from server 2003 to server Longhorn This is not resolved it. 2. Add settings in Register on: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrenetControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters Tcp1323Opts REG_DWORD 3 GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize REG_DWORD 4000000, decimal TcpWindowSize REG_DWORD 163840, decimal ( Info from page: http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/tcptune/) This is not resolved it. Artur Zgadzaj
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 13th, 2007 7:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics