Slow copy - Drive to Drive in Vail (Windows 2008 Server) Release 2
I'm having trouble with copying data on to a new VAIL System. I have a SATA Drive with data that I want to transfer onto the system. Using explorer inside of the system I am cutting and pasting directories. At first it starts out at 30 MB/sec, then it slows to less than 2 MB/sec. I've been able to speed it up by running other applications on the server (directory scans)... Seems like my CPU is going to sleep. Adjusted power settings to full power and still get same results.... Am I missing something.
December 20th, 2010 7:05pm

Hi, I would like to confirm that how did you transfer files, between servers or between drive partitions in the same server? According to the description, it seems that you have problem when transferring files in the same server. If so, I would like to suggest you update the BIOS, the chipset drivers and the hard disk firmware. In addition, please also run the command: Chkdsk /f /r to make sure that the hard disk is healthy. For more information, please refer to the following Microsoft TechNet article: Tip: Run Check Disk from the Command Line to Find and Fix Errors http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd637756.aspx If you have any antivirus program installed, please also disable it temporarily to check the result. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 21st, 2010 2:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics