Slow SQL performance

For the past two days my SQL instance has been very slow. My database is located at z5de5c9skx.database.windows.net

Can someone please look into this? My website has a significant drop in traffic over the course of two days due to this issue.

August 29th, 2013 6:47pm

My web application is stopped and no other processes are using my sql server database. Please help whats going on? I can't even run a simple query anymore. I haven't pushed any changes please check to make sure another database is not using up all the resources.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 29th, 2013 7:05pm

I can't even purchase support to create a ticket, i put in my phone number to call me and im sitting here waiting, also tried the text option...nothing. I am willing to pay for support I just need this resolved
August 29th, 2013 7:14pm

Hello,

Did you receive any message when connect to Windows Azure SQL database or run query on the database?
On Windows Azure, you use Data Management Views (DMVs) to monitor data capacity, query problems, and current connections.
For example, sys.event_log contains the details of connectivity-related events, successful SQL Database database connections, as well as connection failures, deadlocks, and throttling events.

For more detail about monitoring Windows Azure SQL Database Using DMV,please see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/ff394114.aspx

Regards,
Fanny Liu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2013 5:19am

I would agree with Fanny, which is to take a look at the DMV's.  If you are not familiar with how to do this, we have a (free) service that runs the main queries against your DMV's to show you what is happening in your database and help you find performance issues.  

If you are interested we also can notify you my email / sms when database erformance issues occur.

September 4th, 2013 2:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics