Slow Refresh of Health State for Shapes in Visio Add-In Enabled Drawings Published to SharePoint Site.

Hi All,

We are running SCOM 2007 R2 and recentlyI have been testing the Visio Add-In for OpsMgr to publsih dashboards etc. using SharePoint 20910.

After many false starts I now have Visio Web Drawings published in a test SharePoint site using the Visio Web Access Web Part to display the diagram.  For each diagram that I define a site page for I select the option to refresh the drawing at 1 minute intervals in the Web Part editor panel.  On a couple of the drawings I have included an image of a clock and associated that with the Refresh status object that is added when initially creating the drawing in Visio and which is visible in the external data pane in the Visio client version of the drawing.

What I am noticing however, is that while a pop-up message indicating a refresh task has indeed been initiated every minute the time value for this clock-shape (Refresh) doers not tick-over at 1 minute intervals.  It seems more like once every 6 minutes or so that the value of the Refresh Status shape is updated which makes me wonder if all the hosts shapes health states are also up to 6 or so minutes behind the current actual Health State or is it something peculair to that one clock shape and how I have defined it in the Visio drawing that is makingiot slow to refresh.  Short of forcing an error on one of the hosts that I have in one of my test drawings to verify the actual refresh/latency of shape data in the SharePoint version of the drawing I cannot be sure if the refresh of the shape data for all the hosts shapes is equally slow or if it is just the Refresh Status shape that is slow because it only ever refreshes once all the other shapes have been refreshed in a complete cycle etc. 

Is there a setting on the SharePoint server (a Timer setting for instance) that I need to ask my SharePoint admins to check to ensure it is in-synch with a 1 minute refresh cycle rather than once every 5 or 6 minutes as it now seems to be the case.?

Is it possible that the more shapes on the diagram that the slower the overall refresh rate is going to be slower -at least in the SharePoint version of the drawing.  The original Visio drawing refreshes once a minute after I re-enable the refresh setting so in the OpsMgr tab.

Any thoughts on how to verify or speed-up the refresh of OpsMgr integrated Visio Web Drawings published to SharePoint 2010 are gratefully accepted.

Many thanks,

Michael

• Edited by michael_f Monday, January 07, 2013 10:34 AM
November 14th, 2012 11:13am

have the same problem here (SCOM 2012 SP1)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 12th, 2013 10:41am

Not sure if someone is still looking for the answer but you can go to Application Management-->Manage Service Applications-->Visio Graphics Service.

On Manage the Visio Graphics Service page click Global Setting --> change the "Minimum Cache Age" to suitable value.

Please note that smaller values allow more frequent data refresh operations for users, but increase CPU and memory usage on the server. 

March 5th, 2015 1:31pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics