Slow! Slow!

My services is facing problems with Azure SQL.

It's is slow and at Azure Service Dashboard show no problem (http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/service-dashboard/).

It is not only my application. Even Management SQL website is dificult to open.

It's been like this all day long (Dec, 27th).

Regards,

December 28th, 2013 1:31am

Hi Frenando,

Did the issue presists? Did you received any error message when open the Management Portal for SQL Database?

We can also review the connection information on the dashboard page of the SQL Database service in Windows Azure Management Portal.

Regards,
Fanny Liu

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 30th, 2013 4:59am

Hi

Sometimes when you test your application from your local development station directly to Azure SQL

large queries takes time.

to be sure for performance penalties deploy your application to staging environment located at the same data center.

if you still have performance problems then it is better to contact Azure support.

Thanks,

Shahar 

December 30th, 2013 4:19pm

Hi Fanny, By the end of the day the environment turned normal. My concern is about that no dashboard were showing some issues, but for now the system is ok. Thanks,
December 30th, 2013 6:38pm

Sharar, This is not the case. The whole production enviromnent was impacted with no changes and no users increased. Regards
December 30th, 2013 6:42pm

Hi Fernando,

One useful technique is to look at what is happening within your database beyond just user load. If you are interested, Cotega has a (free) utility that allows you to analyze your database for things like:

Top 10 Queries by CPU Time
Top 10 Queries Using the Most Cumulative CPU Time
Current Connection Information
Top 10 Blocking Queries Having the Longest Total Elapsed Time
Row Count Aggregate Information (total rows, minimum rows, maximum rows and last rows) for queries
Top Expensive Queries by Logical Reads
Top Expensive Queries by Logical Writes
Top Expensive Queries by Worker Time

Quite often by looking at the results of these areas it can help get more specifics on what might be causing the slowness.

I hope that helps.

December 30th, 2013 7:53pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics