Single server POC instance sizing
I am looking to set up a POC of about 50 agents, no network devices, no APM. I would like to do a single server instance for this. The sizing tool is not geared for single server deployments, so can anyone provide system requirements for a small environment like this?
September 2nd, 2015 8:00am

Hi Ryan,

if you are not looking for high availability of the MS, one management server with the following hardware configuration would be sufficient:

Operating System    Windows Server 2012 R2
Operations Manager    System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
Processor count    4 (vCPU)
Processor type    a min of 2.66 GHz
Memory    8 GB

In regards to the DBs you can take different approaches:

1. Local DBs (only for POC) - In this case you will have to increase the hardware resources, so that your DBs have enough of them. I'll not recommend this approach even for PoC.
2. Make SQL cluster and place them on it. Although Microsoft does not recommend placing both DBs on the same cluster, for PoC this is OK.
3. Every DB on a sperate SLQ clsuster  - This approach will not be that suitable for Poc as you have to dedicate lots of resource for the clusters.

DB sizing is done in a simple manner with the sizing tools. You just have to decide if you want APM or not and size them correctly.

Hope this helps. Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 8:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics