Single Sign-on PPTP VPN
We are currently in the process of creating a VPN using Windows Server 2003. We are using PPTP to provide access into our VPN. We have also installed IAS as well. My question is, is it possible to use Single Sign-On from the client through our VPN to gain access to our network? If so is there any special that needs to be done. Documentation would be great. Steve Shepard
July 26th, 2006 12:05pm

Hi Steve- Yes, it is possible to do this. If the credentials used for the VPN client connectionare the sameas thecredentials you loggedon with(or want to use for SSO), then it will work. For example: if I'm aremote userwith a laptop joined to the mydomain.example.com domain, I can establish aVPN connection with credentials as mydomain\samirj and SSO will work for all authentication requests for example domain. The way it works: after a VPN connection is established, RAS puts the VPN credentials in CredMan (Credentials Manager). Then later any authentication requests will be matched against CredMan. Please let us know if you have any further questions! Cheers,Ian
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 9th, 2006 12:29pm

Hi Ian, I am looking for same solution. Is it possoble that you can explain in more detail. I have to connect company VPN from my laptop. Thanks nadeem
June 7th, 2007 10:04am

Hi Ian, please send the details or link display how to apply SSO to VPN server (Windows 2003) thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 19th, 2012 5:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics