Simulate logon and logoff tool
Hello, I'm looking for tool/script to simulate logon and logoff users. I need to test M$ w2k3 server performance. Has anyone ideas ? Best regards, Xentri
October 20th, 2010 9:33am

I have never see something like this. Diego Piffaretti- www.mundotecnologico.net
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 20th, 2010 12:34pm

what kind of scenario do you want to try to test? logons like terminal sessions? network logons like someone logs on at a client?
October 20th, 2010 12:49pm

Thanks for replay. I need to test interactive logon. I need to test load on DC when user logon and check growing of Security logs. Best regards, Xentri Adtest can simulate logon but adtest –r newroot –root 0 –t 20 –sf –o newroot.log didn't work. Missing paramater: -run [Test to run] :(
October 21st, 2010 7:57am

did you try to specify the adtest.ats file with the -f parameter?
October 21st, 2010 11:21am

FZB I tried use to adtest.ats with -f but without success. In adtest.mht I should use adtest –r newroot –root 0 –t 20 –sf –o newroot.log to create OU's. When I put this instruction to cmd I got error Missing paramater: -run [Test to run] . When I use adtest -run newroot –r newroot –root 0 –t 20 –sf –o newroot.log it works but this command create me only one Division not 20 as mentioned in adtest.mht ( I run this command from DC ) Next step described in adtest.mht is adtest –r user –root 0 –t 20 –sf –o user.log which should create users. But this instructions doesn't work. I got faild. Best regards, Xentri
October 22nd, 2010 7:47am

does it work if you replace the -r with -run? ( adtest –run user –root 0 –t 20 –sf –o user.log )
October 25th, 2010 7:12am

thank's for answer. It works in that way: adtest -run newroot -root 0 -t 20 -sf -user administrator -password <pass> -o c:\newrool.log and It works. How to create 100 000 user each 5000 in every OU with one command ? When I run adtest -run user -root 0 -t 20 -seq -m -bt -sf -user administrator -password <pass> -o c:\user.logcls It created only 20 accounts, one per one OU. Is there any document with syntax ats file ? How to build own ats file ? Best regards, Xentri
October 25th, 2010 8:35am

I am not aware of more docus beside the mht file that is in the adtest.exe folder. if you open the ats file, at the top are 3 #defines, with these you can influence the number of objects it seems, see comment starting from line 9. you propably can also directly edit (or copy the section User to eg myUser and edit there the RANGE Value. youd call it with -run myUser then). however, rather test this in a non production environment, i havent tried this out myself, so no idea what could go wrong.
October 25th, 2010 9:08am

Thank's very much FZB. I fouded my mistake . I use copy and paste and something was wrong. When I just rewrite command everything works perfect. Thank you onec more. Maybe you or someone know how to simulate logoff using adtest ? Best regards, Xentri
October 25th, 2010 10:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics